Kea or Tzia is an island full of beauty, cultural tradition and strong contrasts in its geophysical profile, where at distances of 10 kilometers, the island with the mountainous nature conflict peacefully, creating a charming result for the visitor.
Regarded as the “gate of the Cyclades”, and indirectly connects mainland Greece with the Cyclades and separates the Archipelago from the South Evian Gulf.
How to get to Kea
Kea is connected by ferry boats with the port of Lavrio as well as with Kythnos, Syros, Paros. The Lavrio to Kea trips are daily and in summer more than once per day.
You can reach Lavrio port, either by public bus or via Attiki Odos which passes by the Athens Airport, or even from the sea shore avenue to Cape Sounion.
- We get in the Proastiakos train to Koropi station. Then you get the local bus (orange KTEΛ) which will bring you to Lavrio in 40 minutes
- From Athens airport, you get the local bus (orange KTEΛ), through Markopoulo to Lavrio
- You use the Athens Metro to Victoria station. Then in 100 m walk you find yourself at the bus station (KTEΛ) at Pedion Areos. There is a bus to Lavrio every 30 minures.
How to Move to Kea
As you reach the port, taxis and local bus are waiting to take you to your destination. There is a bus to Otzias beach, with a stop at 100 m from the House. The same way you can also move around on the island, in case you do not have a car. There are also rent a car offices as well as rentals for mopeds and motorcycles.
In case you need assistance to organize you moving around, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Useful phone numbers
- First aid: 166
- Regional Medical Center: 22880-22200
- Pharmacy Ioulida : 22880-22277
- Pharmacy Korissia: 22880-22000
- Fire Department: 199
- Immediate action: 100
- Police Kea: 22880-21100
- Port Authority of Kea: 22880-21344
- Port Authority of Lavrio: 22923-20400 / 401
- Port Authority of Lavrio: 22883-60000
- Customer service center: 22880-21150
- Tourist Information: 22880-21500
- Archaeological Museum: 22880-22079